Tom wrote:

tv> Maybe lens coating isn't a very sexy thing to advertise? I've mentioned
tv> it in a few bars, but women seem to be unimpressed.

  Remember thumb rules? Here's one completely outdated but almost
  every point&shooter worships: always keep the sun behind you. It
  often happens to me on beaches, etc. to be warned by "professionals"
  to avoid backlights and such. "Nope. I don't have this problem with
  my Pentax glass." "???". Now imagine how sexy is to show a backlit
  wet girl over the Pentax logo: "Only with our SMC lenses, the sun
  becomes your friend"...

tv> No one accused them of being marketing geniuses....

  Yeah. When did Pentax hire last time an engineer in the marketing
  staff...

  Servus, Alin

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.