Dan Scott suggests:

>Is there anything special about the way the swings and tilts
work on large
>format cameras (I'm thinking of the simple old wooden ones, not
modern
>studio cameras) that would keep someone from, say, taking the
bellows off a
>junk folder and cobbling together that with a pentax body and
making their
>own Franken-PC lens? I understand the lens used has to cast a
large enough
>image to cover the film, but what else would one need to be
mindful of?

And since most of these bellows have leaf shutter lenses on
them, you can do double duty using this as a high speed fill
flash lens. Choose one with X sync and 1/500 shutter. Hold your
focal plane shutter open on B with a locking cable release and
use the leaf shutter for fill flash opportunities in bright
outdoor shots. The medium format folders may have lenses with a
large enough image circle.

Mark Rofini