> I think this way. I like very much the Grand Cherokee
> from Chrysler (jeep). I would like to change mine for a new one,
> but, if Chrysler closes their doors I can't buy another....
> We must be disappointed with pentax.... They are not
> building cameras that can compete with nikon and canon.
> We must be disappointed to impose a change because, if Pentax didn't
> change, in few years there will be no more pentax bodies to buy.
>

> Alex

Well, Pentax film cameras will die eventually, anyway.  Digital will take
over.  It's just a matter of when, not whether.
How Pentax competes in the market will not be effected one way or another by
a few (or a few hundred) users shouting out their disappointment.  If
anything, shouting out your disappointment will probably put off more
prospective Pentax users than anything else.  The only vote you have that
counts is where you spend your money.

If the Grand Cherokee goes away, be sure that there will be a suitable
substitute for as long as there is demand for it.  Chrysler isn't going to
produce cars that they can't sell.  Not for long, anyway.

Pentax, like any successful company, is placing their emphasis on the
equipment that sells to the greatest number of people.  Does that mean that
Pentax won't produce a super flagship camera? No, it doesn't, because I am
sure that in the company leadership there are a few folks that want this
flagship as much as we do, and their vote counts. The final say, of course
rests with the CEO and he's watching the bottom line.

Len
---