Recently Alan Chan wrote:

> Boz wrote:
>
> >I can agree with this reasoning, but I have not switched to Nikon or Canon.
> >The reasons are that in the price class that I am looking at (up to $500),
> >the bodies from Pentax are smaller, lighter, more ergonomic and better
> >built.  And of course, the biggie, with Pentax I do not have to upgrade my
> >wonderful manual focus glass to AF glass with cheesy plasticky feel.
>
> But then you do not qualify as part of the general public because you have
> been a Pentax user for quite some time.

Well, yes and no.  I gues you mean the following: "I am an existing Pentax
user, so I have manual focus lenses, so I do not want to go to another
brand and buy their AF lenses."

I meant is like this: "I am a new user, and I have no lenses up to now.
But if I get the Nikon F80, i need to get AF lenses, and most probably all
new.  But if I buy a (new) Pentax, I can buy new AF lenses but I can also
profit from the second-hand Pentax market and get high-quality manual focus
lenses that feel very nice for manual focus work."

If the F80 could use manual focus F-mount lenses, I would be seriously
tempted.  The fact that the F100 can do that is not interesting for me
because the F100 is too big and too expensive for me.

Cheers,
Boz