If you like action, you will have a ball this weekend.  A gymkhana is basically
parking lot racing.  The speeds aren't excessive, but they seem like that
because of the tight course.  Some people refer to it as flat out racing in
first gear.

As our English readers know, the Mini Cooper is just a bread box on tiny
wheels, but it is a blast to drive.  It had one of the first rotary engines
that the Mazda RX7 later made so popular.

For safety reasons, I would prefer to position myself on the inside of the
course.  Centrifugal force pushes most of the cars away from you at that point.
 I like to get right in the middle of a curve so that you can prefocus and then
follow the cars all the way around the curve.  I don't think I would bother
with a monopod.  I couldn't follow the action.

--
Kenneth Archer + San Antonio, Texas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   ICQ #24980801