----- Original Message -----
From: "BYRON BUTLER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: February 13, 2001 11:19 PM
Subject: RE: Auto racing photography needed

> It definitely sounds like fun, but the number one
> priorty must always be your own personal safety. If
> the cars are running on ice and snow, then I certainly
> would not want to be standing anywhere where you can
> imagine a cars momentum might take it. I would try to
> find a good corner to stand inside of, for panning
> shots. When you stand inside the corner, the distance
> between your camera and the car can remain the same
> for a second or two if you position yourself directly
> back from the apex of a constant radius curve. This
> gives you a better chance of keeping the car in focus.
> As an added bonus, from this position if the cars are
> going through the turn sideways or fishtailing you
> will be in perfection position to catch the front and
> side of the cars.

Shit, we are talking farmers here. The safest place is likely
the middle of the track fer gawds sake. Most places, the last
words a person says before a car accident is "Oh Shit". In
Saskatchewan, you are as likely to here "Hold my beer and watch
this".
Automobile: Dawg sled with the dawgs along for the ride.
Whoee
Snowfield Willie

> Good luck! I wanna see your best shot from this
Ayupp. Coming soon to a PUG near you.