----- Original Message -----
From: Treena
Subject: Re: Basic copyright

> This is how it works at American newspapers. Oddly enough,
even though the
> copyright lies with my publishers, our company allows us to
peddle copies of
> our photos (produced on the clock) to those who may want them,
setting our
> own price. A couple of years ago, we were taken over by our
state's largest
> newspaper, and I wasn't informed the rules regarding that had
changed, so I
> assume it's the same. I'm sure different companies have
different policies.

In Canada, where the work is an article or other contribution to
a newspaper, magazine or similar periodical, there shall, in the
absence of any agreement to the contrary, be deemed to be
reserved to the author a right to restrain the publication of
the work, otherwise than as part of a newspaper, magazine or
similar periodical.

William Robb