Hello Arnold,

You wrote:

> just one question about your testing procedure: Do you do focus
> bracketing? I found careful focus bracketing to be quite important in my
> own tests.

Most previous tests were done by Carlo Lastrucci, not by me (with the
exception of the 24-90mm, published in Spotmatic No. 30, October 2001, that
we made together). Then I commented Carlo's pictures on Spotmatic magazine.
No, we usually don't do focus bracketing, since most people in most pictures
don't. I'd appreciate your further comments on this.

Carlo's tests were done focusing with MZ-5 autofocus, with the exception of
the latest comparison (35/2 FA vs. 31/1.8 Ltd, published in Spotmatic
No.34), where focusing was manually adjusted by looking at the split-image
in MX viewfinder.

My test about the 24-90 was done with MZ-S, autofocusing on subject (either
infinity or mid-distance) always going farther away from a closer subject
(hence reaching focus from close distance). I was thinking of doing the same
this time. Suggestions are also accepted.

Bye,

Dario Bonazza
http://www.dariobonazza.com