I didn't grow up with screwmount and MF stuff too, but I'd choose easily
today the old stuff. I took my first pictures and learned with an old leica
rangefinder from my family in the late 80s till I got it robbed in 96 and
got the Mz-5N. As my lenses were expanding, I started using manual focus
stuff in 2000. I don't know why I bought this MX one rainy day, but since I
had it in my hands, the Mz-5n ended up in the shelf, only being used for TTL
flash (that is : almost never - and most of the times I decided to take it
out the batteries where dead) and now the shelf is full of manual focus
lenses and bodies.

I like the simplicity, reliability and compactness of the MX. I also like
the viewfinder a lot. I like K series lenses from the mid seventies.

I rented the Mz-5N + FA 43mm to a friend last week and sadly all her prints
where overlapped (about 1mm on the neg, for almost every single picture).
Sad to see the MZ is only 6 year old and the winding mechanism is no longer
accurate. Not having a reliable AF camera today really isn't a concern for
me and I think I'll just be happy to shoot MXes for a long time. Maybe an LX
one day though...

Thibault Grouas.