----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Jordan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MZ-S Focus Lock

> I just bought a MZ-S and I'll be damned if I can get
> the focus lock to work when recomposing the frame.

When I played with the MZ-S, I was dissapointed that its shutter release
button does not feature a typical half-way depression. I'm used to this
because of all the Pentax AF cameras I owned and own and I found the lack of
it disturbing... The release button works more like the ones of the manual
focus cameras (like say: Program A or Super A) although with more resistance
and it was very easy for me to take accidental pictures as well as hard to
use the focus lock technique. The AF button on the back can be helpful but
nevertheless I don't think the lack of the half-way-depress position is the
good idea even if I know that everything is the matter of habit.
Regards
Artur