----- Original Message -----
From: "Pĺl Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MZ-S Focus Lock

> It does. Mine (both) have distinct plateau half way and it is virtually
impossible to shoot accidentally. In fact, it has the same release as the
67II; the good old manual focus style.

But I've said that it's the manual style, haven't I?:0 What I mean is that
when pressing the button slightly the camera starts the AF and metering.
Continue with the pressing and you'll release the shutter. There's no "stop"
in the middle of the way. While this kind of operating is good for manual
focus bodies, for AF bodies it is not... IMHO of course.
Even the MZ-5/5n/3, which are designed in an "old" way, feature that "stop".
Of course, I could miss this stop when playing with the MZ-S. As I don't
have this camera, I can't verify my statement right now. I'm just saying
what I found out and remembered - but I remembered it well as when I
discovered it, I was pretty shocked:)
Or maybe there are different kinds of MZ-S release buttons - with and
without the stop. Could it be possible?

> The Z-1p does not. It has touch control release with no feedback.

I don't really understand the above statement - could you please explain
what you mean?
Anyway, the release button of the Z-1p works in no different way than those
of the SFX, Z-50p, MZ-50, MZ-7, MZ-5, MZ-5n, MZ-3 (the AF cameras I either
owned or intensively played with).
And a different issue - allow me, Pal, to ask you a question: do you
consider the MZ-S to be the ultimate Pentax AF film camera?
There's no catch in this question:)
Regards
Artur

Masz dosc placenia prowizji bankowi ?