----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Tainter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Shutter button feel (Was: Re: MZ-S Focus Lock)

> Mike wrote:
>
> > Seems to be a QC problem here.  Having used an MZ-S for six
> > months, now, I have to say that, apart from a few minor niggles
> > and cost, the one thing which would prevent me from buying one
> > is the flimsy, "unfeeling" and sticky power switch/shutter
> > button.  The one available from Pentax UK at PDMLUK was the same
> > - didn't get a chance to try Rob's.
> >
> Having used two MZ-S's, one of the several features I dislike is that it
> is hard to perform just an autofocus/meter by depressing the shutter
> switch halfway. The camera fires too readily, compared with the two
> PZ-1ps that I own.

So, it appears that it is not just me, who dislike the release button of the
MZ-S, or at least notice the lack of its "halfway stop". Thanks Mike and
Joseph... I fully agree that it's hard to use just the AF/metering - it's a
pain in the butt because I do it VERY, VERY often. Of course there is an AF
button on the back of the camera, but the problem is that I look through a
viewfinder with my left eye, so my nose and the righ side of the face covers
nearly whole back thus making the access to the controls on this back
difficult. It is difficult enough for me to use the metering switch and the
exposure compensation button on the Z-1p but fortunately they're not used
THAT often so it is not a big problem. But using the AF button on the back
of the MZ-S would be for sure...
BTW, because I use my left eye, I really appreciate that inner displays in
Pentax AF cameras are on the right side of the viewfinders
Regards
Artur.

Masz dosc placenia prowizji bankowi ?
mBank - zaloz konto