on 22.12.02 1:39, Pål Jensen at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well, on my camera if press with the force you normally use, the button has a
> clear stop. You need to use force to continue to release the shutter. My MZ-S
> does not have soft release all the way down but it doesn't have the type of
> release of the MZ-5n either, which is cheap and consist of a convex metal
> plate the buckles under pressure and pop back into shape. They are limited to
> low end bodies and have a limited lifespan due to material fatigue.
This is exactly the way it works. In fact it was Artur who has tried my MZ-S
and made accidental foto (thank for this blurred something :-) not because
there is no difference between two states of shutter button, but because he
expected it to work the way button in Z1P works. I have had Z1P, and its
shutter button has had completely other feeling than the one in MZ-S. Me and
my girlfrien don't have any problems with recognizing two states of shutter
button in MZ-S. First you press gently - then you have to evercome
resistance to release shutter, but the difference is soft, not hard like in
Z1P. But the difference between two states is clear, if you son't have
hyper-thick gloves ready for -50 degrees :-) Some people push the button it
too hard and that's why they complain.

--
Best Regards
Sylwek