Joseph wrote:

> Having used two MZ-S's, one of the several features I dislike is that it
> is hard to perform just an autofocus/meter by depressing the shutter
> switch halfway. The camera fires too readily, compared with the two
> PZ-1ps that I own.

Well. It is totally opposite on mine. It is impossible to accidentally release my two
MZ-S bodies as they have about five time the throw of my Z-1p with a market increase
in needed pressure for shutter relese. It has initial feel of an LX and then tighten
up so that you need force to release the shutter. Again, you can tap the finger with
force on the release without releasing the shutter. My Z-1p had about 1mm throw and
that's all. No dent or click stop. Nor was it any provoision for a two way release as
I have opened it on several occasions. I learned o PDML that in order to avoid
accidental shutter release on the Z-1p one shouldn't tap the release up/down, as
usual, but move your fingers side-wise. This worked much better. I guess Pentax must
have redesigned the Z-1p's shutter relese over time.

Pål