----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: Medium Format-Which one is best?

> tom wrote:
> >
> > You've got it backwards. There's a huge difference between 35mm and
> > 645, but there's *not* a huge difference between 645 and 67.
> >

> The difference between 645 and 35mm wasn't enough for me. However, the
> difference between 35mm and 6x7 was enough to make me want to make the
> move. It's just personal preference, not a matter of millimeters.

Same here. The 6x9 Fuji rangefinders suit me just fine.
I love the detail and tonal gradation of the larger neg.

I do own a GS645 folder, which can make excellent enlargements, but when you
compare the trannies of both formats, they are a world apart.

To top it off, I just bought a Microtek 5900. This scanner has a light
source for negs and trannies up to 4"x5".
At 1200 dpi the 6x9's scan just beautifully. Far superior to my HP S-20 with
35mm.

Jeff.