Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I've figured out that I can climb more mountains more often the lighter weight I
>carry.

Exactly. For any given amount of weight/volume, you can carry more equipment
with the 645 system than with 67. Or, for any given, equivalent set-up, a
645 system will weigh less and take up less space than a 67 system.

What I'll often do is take the 645 with three lenses and a 35mm body
(usually the MX) with lenses that cover extremes that you can't reach with
meduim format. That usually means a 15mm or 20mm for the wide end and a
300/2.8 and 2x teleconverter for the long end. Yes, you can get the
equivalent of 300mm with medium format (450mm for 645 and 600mm for 67), but
not at f2.8 and not in as easily-transportable form!

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing