----- Original Message -----
From: Pål Jensen
Subject: Re: Medium Format-Which one is best?

> William wrote:
>
> > As an example, this past fall, I hauled my 6x7 with meter
prism,
> > 45mm, 75mm, 105mm, 135mm, 165mm and 200mm up a 15km mountain
> > hike, along with a Moanfrotto 028 tripod and 025 head.
> > I'm 45 years old, 30 pounds overweight and definitely not in
top
> > physical condition.
>

> Well, I couldn't do that. If I could, I wouldn't. At any rate,
I've figured out that I can climb more mountains more often the
lighter weight I carry.

Admittedly, it was only fun for the first couple of km.
Then it started raining.

I thought it might be nice to have the record perfectly straight
WRT weights of the systems, as I just didn't think the 6x7 stuff
was ~that~ much heavier.
So, I did some research at Pentax UK and came up with the
following two kits that I think would be a logical carry.
Neither is long telephoto, instead wide angle to short
telephoto, but it is close to what I use in 6x7.
The difference in kit weights is 2722g.
For those who don't understand metric, this is about 6 pounds.
The 6x7 system is heavier, but it is not the elephant system
that Pål makes it out to be.

William Robb

6x7II
body weight with AE Prism    1660g