> What you are
> saying is EXACTLY what I and others have been saying. When I and others say
> or allude to the fact that mathematics existed before the dawn of time

Sorry, Bob, but I'm with Dr. Don on this one. What he's said about six times
is perfectly correct and I think you're the one not getting it. Mathematics
is a human invention and a late one. It hasn't "existed since the dawn of
time." How did it exist? Were there dinosaur math professors? It's a human
invention, practiced by humans, and it's evolving--it's a hell of a lot more
advanced right now than it was fifty or a hundred years ago, never mind
since the dawn of time. What, was differential calculus just out there on
the savannahs waiting for the Neanderthals to discover it?

What you're saying makes no more sense than saying that carburetors have
existed since the dawn of time. Or scissors, or opera.

--Mike