Exactly my point Bob. Mike seems to think he and all photographers don't need
to follow any rules. He is sorely mistaken. I don't feel like arguing the
point in every great detail because it is not worth it to me. There are
compositional rules and if he dosn't want to use them that's fine with me. If
he thinks they don't exist, that's fine with me too. If he thinks he is
helping new photographers by telling them there are no rules of composition,
he is doing them a great diservice.
Artistic composition is something that is learned. There are rules to follow
that would immediately improve many images. When photographers develop an eye
for composition, it becomes second nature. When it becomes second nature, is
probably a good time to begin breaking the rules...
Vic