----- Original Message -----
From: Malcolm Smith
Subject: RE: Pish-posh and balderdash

> Dr E D F Williams wrote:
>
> > I hope everyone is having a good day. I am. Its warmed up a
bit only -25C
> > now (12:30) - last night it was -37C.
>
> Don,
>
> I was wondering how my LX would work at that temperature and I
suddenly
> realised......I don't work at that level of chilliness.

The silver oxide batteries that power the LX will crap out after
about an hour at -40ºC, and you lose metering and slow speeds.
The shutter on my LX continued to work at -40ºC for over two
hours, giving times that were reliable enough for Kodachrome
slide film.
I gave up before the camera did when I cold tested the thing.

William Robb