>How do you guys cheat the PZ1-p to do Slow Flash?

I think I can answer that. I checked the manual and it mentioned, with F and
FA lenses, the Z-1p can determine the focal length and chose the slowest
shutter speed. For instance, with FA43/1.9, Z-1p chose 1/30x. With A35/2.8
or 50/1.7, it chose 1/60x instead.

>What shutter speed does your PZ-1p select?  There's a Pentax
>Function that tells the camera to either meter for ambient light
>or set shutter speed at 1/250th.  I suspect that yours is set up
>to meter for ambient and chooses 1/30th at f/2 in low light.

I think it's function 7. I tried both option and did not work quite well. f2
and f3.5 were selected respectively (but still far from f8 with the AF200T).
I set the camera to HyperProgram mode and 1/30x f2 (40MZ3i with SCA3701?)
was chosen automatically. I tried it in my room which is quite dim. However,
with AF200T, 1/30 f8 was chosen. ISO was 400.

regards,
Alan Chan