Alex wrote:

> If Pentax wants to sell 10.000.000 SLR bodies Pentax have
> to sell the 50.000 pro SLR bodies to the pros.

Guys, _nobody_ sells 10,000,000 SLRs a year--all the SLR makers put together
don't sell that many. I don't have the latest figures handy (you can get
them from the PMA), but as of a couple of years ago, the entire market for
SLRs was about half a million a year, and the market for p/s cameras was
something like 15M a year.

If somebody has a 2000 PMA report handy it might be an education to have
some of the pertinent figures listed here.

--Mike