On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Alan Chan wrote:

> I think the selling point of the MZ-S is durability which is not cheap.

Durability is nice.  I also like the 6 point AF, the new SAFOX VII AF
system (hopefully a little quieter than the Z1-p's), the data imprinting,
the "AA" grip with the vertical release and DOF preview, and the option
for the intervalvometer cable release.  Would I use all of those
features?  Nope, and that's why I'm not shelling out the big bucks for it
(at least not yet), but it's nice to know that the option is there if I
need it later.

BTW, I see that the new Nikon flash (SB-50?) seems to have a flip-up front
portion that lets it be used concurrently with a built-in flash.  I think
the Z1-p's side-mounted hotshoe is still preferable, just for the
different angle that it allows, but Nikon's is certainly an interesting
idea.

chris