In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 01/30/03
   at 12:36 AM, "Otis Wright, Jr." <"rusty."@worldnet.att.net> said:

|>Ditto.  Communicator 4.79 and it is beginning to have trouble with a
|>lot of sites where Explorer works OK.   I'm putting in a new system
|>next week and will move on to 6.x and if it has problems Netscrape
|>is done at this office.

|>Otis Wright

|>Keith Whaley wrote:

|>> Me, too. Netscape Communicator 4.79.
|>> Sad. I'd like to know what lies behind the photo!

I had not been paying attention to this thread so I am not exactly
sure if this is about what I think it is about.  If you are talking
about the display of text when mousing over an image then the problem
is that exploader handles alt tags wrongly rather than netscape not
working.  this is also the case in how ms handles missing and other
incorect tags.

the proper code for having text come up on mouse over is title not
alt.  alt is what should be displayed or read if a text only browser
is used or a browser for the blind is reading the page.  alt=Yellow
flower link to floral pictures and commentary.  and title=some yellow
flower i found on the beach do you kno what it is?  would be not
unreasonable uses of the two tags

of course MS does not even adhere to the standards it sets itself

Bran

It feels great to wake up and not know what day it is, doesn't it?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]