Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:41:47 -0500
From: Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Arnold Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Again I would like to quote Pentax USA:
>>
>> "Usable lenses - Pentax KAF2-(power zoom not
available), KAF-, KA- and
>> K-mount lenses (Autofocus possible with KA- and
K-mount lenses using
AF
>> adapter)"
>>
>> The lens mount is not crippled. BTW: On my request,
Pentax Germany has
>> confirmed that they have the same information.

> For some reason, a lot of people seem to *want* to
believe that the
> lens
> mount is crippled. Just why they want to believe
this, despite all the
> evidence to the contrary, is beyond me.

I am wondering too who brought this up. There is
nothing in the press release that allows this
conclusion: in contrast they explicitly state that the
K-lenses are usable.
Seems to me that the break-down of the public
education systems is world-wide phenomenon (oops not a
political list you say ... )

Alexander

--
Mark Roberts