Pål wrote:

"I'm dissapointed by the *ist D because it is strictly
for the K-mount
base without any vision beyond that. I'm sorry, but my
bet is that the
*ist D is totally forgotten after PMA except by us.
Hell, its probably
forgotten already after the news of the new Canon."

Not true. READ dpreview's discussions on the new
*ist-D. people are talking. Plus I think one has see
it in the flesh to appreciate it's small size.