> I thought his major assumption was that consumers won't buy a product if
> something else out there looks kind of the same.
> I suppose it's unfair of Pentax to make the think look like a camera.
> It's so unfair to confuse people that way.

The thing that gets me is that Pål is flooding the list with his, er,
"idiosyncratic" opinion, and drowning out a more reasoned reaction--which is
that the *ist D is a really swell looking little camera, a lot nicer looking
than the plastic *ist in my opinion. It looks "the business" to me, as our
British cousins would say.

I think they hit a home run with the looks of the thing. I would certainly
not be ashamed to be seen with it.

--Mike