Frank wrote:

> AFAIK, (despite Mr. Robb's protestations to the contrary
> - and I acknowledge his expertise in this field, along with
> my lack of same <g>), "real" B&W (as opposed to this new-fangled
> C41 process B&W stuff) can be pushed or pulled, however it
> will affect things like the graininess and contrast of the prints
> to some extent, depending on the film you use - some films are
> more tolerant of push/pulling than others.

        I think this hits upon the difficult y in accepting that
        film pushing increses speed. Seems more like the changes
        in contrast, grain and such is percieved as a speed gain,
        where that is not actually the underlying scientific cause.

        Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]