Macro work, in general, doesn't lend itself to AF. First off, it's usually done with the camera mounted on a tripod, and if what you want to focus on isn't covered by an AF sensor LOL. MF just makes more sense for this.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Take a look here:

http://pug.komkon.org/00july/JulyOO/pollen.html

The viewfinder was so dim that I doubt that any AF system would have ever worked. And even if it worked, I doubt it would have helped. On the contrary. Having to move the whole shebang to get the pollen grain on the AF sensor, then moving the whole shebang back to get proper framing would had been a real pain.

cheers,
caveman