> read the article.

I read it - it's not new to me.

> gives several things you have to do to achieve super resolution (equated
to sharpness here): superb lens wide open performance, tripod, slide film,
ideal lighting, nearby subject. if you don't shoot slide film, use a tripod,
have a nearby subject, or shoot wide open, then focusing accuracy isn't
going to be your main determiner of sharpness. <

Sure. But that's why there are things like "field tests". I think the main
point is that in something close to laboratory environment AF is worse than
MF, but in practice it may be faster and more reliable than MF. And I agree
with that. I only opposed your claim that this is no way to conduct such a
test. We have to remember that there are tests and there are tests.

Regards,
Lukasz