On March 17, 2003 11:17 am, Caveman wrote:
> Nick Zentena wrote:
> >     Pentax needs something like the Mamiya 645e. People are buying into the
> > 645e who would never have looked at Mamiya higher priced models.
>
> I don't know what Pentax actually needs, and it's not my business to
> decide it anyway. But I definitely know that I'm eyeing a Bronica GS-1.
> I'm pretty much sure that the 6x7 format will let me get much better
> enlargements than 35mm with USM, IS, VR, SW and whatnot. And lots of fun.

        The nice thing about the 645e is it's so cheap people are choosing it instead
of used. That brings people into the Mamiya system so to speak. If Pentax
wants new users it won't get it from copying others by just adding features.
They need to make people stand up and notice. It can be from a good cheap
camera. Or it can be from adding something that nobody else has. But feature
wars don't get you far if you're behind.

Nick