Matti Etelapera wrote:

> From Pentax USA concerning the *ist D:
>
> "*Compatible lenses: K, KA, KAF, and KAF2 mount lenses; screw mount
> lenses, 645, and 67 series lenses (adapter required).  Some functions may
> not activate depending on the choice of lens."

Like I said a long time ago, they simply copied the text from the
press-release of the MZ-D.

> the misleading and insufficient information
> that Pentax has supplied us or anyone else
> about the lens mount issue is very bad for
> their PR. Not to mention nerve wrecking to
> K/M -lens users. How long can they continue
> underestimating their users this way?

Pentax PR personnel have forgotten the exitence of K/M lenses, take my
word for it.  In a recent conversation one such person claimed that the
new cameras will work with all lenses, "JUST SET THE APERTURE TO 'A'"
(!!!!)

Cheers,
Boz