Bojidar Dimitrov wrote:

I have wondered the same thing too... They do have the optical
formulas, so why don't they rerelease them with new
mechanics/electronics?

Because they don't have a reasonable market for those. I suspect that 99% of the lenses they sell now are of the 28-80/4-5.6 category. And then you wonder why people don't take seriously 35mm gear. It's not only the small film format. It's also that the quality of 35mm SLRs (and that includes other brands too) has degraded during the past years to the point that the results are similar to the compact P&S cameras. So why bother with them.

cheers,
caveman