Hi Anthony,

> New sales opportunity for Pentax - remake the K/M classics in FA
> or FAJ mount.  Can't use your M85/1.8 on your new *ist?  Can we
> interest you in a brand new FAJ85/1.8?  >;-)

I have wondered the same thing too...  They do have the optical
formulas, so why don't they rerelease them with new
mechanics/electronics?  Well, I think the answer is that in order for
the AF to be fast (and you want it to be fast), you really need an IF
optical construction.  And none of the older and simpler optical
diagrams are IF.

Look at the A vs. FA 85/1.4, A vs. F/FA 100/2.8 Macro, A vs. FA 200/4
Macro, A* vs. FA* 300/2.8, etc.

Cheers,
Boz