Alin,

Amen!  I have called it the squeaky clean look.  A lack of texture.
The cartoon effect is noticeable.  I had someone call to schedule a
wedding last week who asked if I shot digital.  She liked my work but
wanted to make sure that I was still shooting with film.  Since I am,
I got the job.

I think it best to say that they are different - rather than one being
better than the other.  In any given situation, one might produce a
more desirable result.

Bruce