I think some of us might die waiting for Pentax to release USM/IS lenses.
Actually even Zeiss has all AF lenses for Contax with ultrasonic motors - I
doubt if they sell any better then Pentax lenses even these of higher class.

I think the problem Contax facing is they used to be high quality well built lenses & cameras. However, since the AF system, they are no different from high end Canon or Nikon lenses, mechanically wise. People just aren't interested in them anymore. The label ZEISS alone doesn't mean that much.

As a result less people would want to buy
such a poorly supported bodies (no matter how good would they be) and Pentax
35 mm system would soon end like Olympus OM system - just slowly die...
I hope I am wrong - I hope something should change soon...

Actually some of the high end Tokina & Tamron lenses aren't available for Pentax already. The market for high end Pentax products must be very small. However, I don't think Pentax is going to care about this because they might just consider it an advantage to sell more of their own lenses (day dreaming as usual). The extended period of lacking a real high end body has put Pentax way behind the other competition. And now they have the digital tend to catch up too. As far as I can see, Pentax stay still for the last 12 years and this *ist series will determine if they are going to change their fate. If they failed to bring their 135 products up to date by releasing USM/IS and some sensible high quality well built lenses (not necessary the most expensive type), the future of Pentax will certainly look dark, very dark.

regards,
Alan Chan