The Canon IS effort amounted to 11 million dollars. USM is somehow
   cheaper, but still expensive enough for Pentax not to release
   anything of the kind in the near future.
   The utmost we can hope for is well build, full frame, aperture ring
   enabled lenses. Even this seems today like day dreaming.

   Servus,   Alin