Aaron Reynolds (and Chris in a similar way) wrote:

> What features does the MZ-S lack, in your opinion, making it not
> worth the price and not a pro-level camera and not a worthy
> successor to the PZ-1? ...  Help us out, and heck, help Pentax
> out: tell us all what the camera is missing that makes it no good
> to you.

In fact, this has been discussed in extenso one month ago. I'm sure
most of us have made a personal feature and price list weeks ago and
have drawn the according conclusions. The experience of the last time
is that it is useless to discuss this with the fans. If Claude posts
his list, there would immediately be 10 fans interpreting everything
in their own manner and comming to the verdict that the MZ-S is the
greatest camera ever, despite of themselves having demanded different
features just a few months ago. I remember pretty well how people
where flamed when e.g. doubting the MZ-S has eye control. Now even
the most awkward focus point selection is great.

If Pentax needs help, I recommend to have a look at Klaus Schroiffs
Photozone and according camera feature tables. No further discussion
needed then. Note that I don't say that Pentax should copy the
others, but they should do their own designs on commonly accepted
feature sets for certain price ranges.

Of course I also find the gap between MZ-5N and MZ-S too large and
hope they will release something inbetween. When talking about this
camera (and this was in my eyes the subject of the PZ-1pN thread), I
hope the MZ-S fans will stay out and not jumping in with "MZ-S is the
one and only".

Ralf