Pål Jensen wrote:

> This is nonsense. ... When we actually cited the EOS3/F100
> comparison from magazines you accused people of being selective
> and again projecting wishful thinking or whatever. I don't get
> this; first the rumor mill says it cost F100 money. Then the
> enginner says the same thing at Photokina; but you insist it
> cost exactly the amount you want to pay for a camera.

Wrong. It was said half a year ago that the new camera has now an
order number for the distributors and will cost 2-2.5x the MZ-5N
price, and will definitively not be the flagship (you, Boz etc.).
Then Photokina came and specs were presented for a camera that would
fit anything in the range $500 to $900. Pentax refused to give a
price idea. Hence it was logical to think of it as an advanced mid
class camera. Finally, it turned out that the specs weren't updated,
but the price was. I am still in no way convinced it is worth the
money. The price derives from Pentax special situation and sales
projections in this class in my eyes. The F100 comparison is wishful
thinking for many, but I admit that this is an opinion and we have
yet to see what the verdict of the market will be. At least there are
some dealers opinions that are not far away from my perception.

Cheers,

Ralf