I'm with Bill on this one.   I found that my original burner (now superseded
with a new one) would baulk at either a large number of files, or
large-sized files, and I had to do the copying in small bites.

If you're using XP, don't forget that you may need to enable burning by
right-clicking on the drive letter in Wiondows Explorer, right-clicking on
"Properties", then working through the properties until you find the tab
that "Enables burning on this drive".  You can also set the appropriate
burn-speed here.

You can use CD-R or CD-RW on these burners - CD-R's tend to be good for only
one burn though, whereas CD-RW can be used many times.

XP Pro has the advantage that burning is built into the system using
software purchased from Roxio, who bought Adaptec, and your burner is
treated just like a floppy - or any other type of removable storage.  One
quick way to copy files and folders is to position yourself on the parent
folder in WE: if you want to copy an entire folder, highlight it in the
right pane and right-click and drag it to the burner letter in the left-hand
pane: release the mouse button, and then click on "Copy Here" (or even
quicker, Ctrl-C on the source, Ctrl-V on the destination).
For a bunch of files, I use the Ctrl-A technique for selecting all the files
in the folder, then Ctrl-click to deselect those I don't want to copy, then
again Ctrl-C Ctrl-V

I've only just started using Nero Express, but I am impressed with it so
far - a little easier to use than Easy CD Creator, which is in widespread
use, and Easy Cd has the problem of using a non-standard format, and I have
had problems with recovering data from CD's burned using it.

HTH
John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia