A friend installed it for me.  It is there, I can
read stuff from the D; drive that used to be my E:
drive,
I can read Cd's inserted in the new CD-ROM drive.
But the software has me totally befuddled.
Friend who installed the drive left town
(literally) before we actually got to try ot burn
something.

I'm an old dos girl, I thought you could just sort
of say copy blah blah .jpg e: (wrong)
or at least "save as" from photo deluxe.

OF course I want the burner to make CD's to send
to people - as a way of displaying my
photos.  I also thought it would be nice to make
screen saver slide shows to sell and/or
give to friends.  I'm a dunce on this stuff.  I
thought I could wing it.

The software that came with the burner is called
NERO (hehe) and AHEAD software.
Acrobat is included, in case you don't have it, to
read the manual.

I got this from office max for virtually nothing
-- $70 coming back to me in rebates.

So any ideas?  I felt a bit less like an idiot
when another friend told me of two
computer savvy folks of his acquaintance (actually
his son and his brother) complained
of being quite confused by the software.

I don't want to burn music, I don't want to do a
video, all I want is to get files on a
disk to back up my hard drive, to show people
images, etc.  I had thought that a
cd could be used just like a floppy but if there
is software around that will make it
behave like that I'd sure like to know.

annsan the easily confused