You can indeed.

Ann, the GUI should be able to walk you through itself.  As another message
indicated just open Nero and tell it to create a Data CD (as opposed to a
music CD).  From there you may drag-and-drop, or double-click a folder or
file, or click a folder or file and click "Add" in the menu at the top or
whatever.  I use CD Creator where I click the folder to highlight it, then
click "Add" and it shows up on the to-be-created CD portion of the screen.
When I'm all done, I click "Create CD" and voilá!  It's done.

Check the help file, too - it should walk you through it.

And always check your CD when it's done before sending it off, in case
corruption set it.

Maris