Hello Ken,

> 2. Pentax apparently tweaked the CF retrieval area (in beta
> testers, you had to fiddle and jiggle a bit to pull out a
> CF.  Now they apparently enlarged the area so that you can
> actually see the battery!

I have one of those, and while still fiddly, it is workable.  Sometimes
I need to tilt the camera to the right so that the CF card slips out due
to gravity.

> They are not worried about the Rebel competition as the *istD
> is a different class.

In terms of "equality", the *ist D plays in the same liga as the 10D, so
theoretically they should not be concerned.  But we know that price is
very important, so lots and lots of people will buy the 300D based on
its price and not based on how it holds against the *ist D.

> However, Canon was apparently threatened by *istD and made a big
> pre-announcement extravaganza (teaser ads etc) and their president
> came out to prop up the expectation.

Now this I find pure wishfull thinking...

Cheers,
Boz

--
     _\\|//_     Imagination is more important than knowledge...
   0(` O-O ')0                                           A. Einstein