> You know, I don't think I am completely
convinced that every picture has to
> be supersharp or even very sharp. Or that sharpness is the #1 indicator of a
> good picture. Or whatever.
>
> Re tripods.
>
> Marnie aka Doe  Smacks to me of the concept that a photograph should be as
> close to realism as possible, because photography is all about realism and
> nothing else.

    Sharpness is important,to me anyway,in my rural landscapy stuff and flowers.Just
hate
to see a soft
image of an old barn with all that lovely hand crafted wood.
On the other hand,if my portraits tend to lean a tad on the soft side,i dont mind that.
The horse stuff is either.As long as the head is in focus its sold:-)
I',m not sure what i'm trying to say,but i said it anyway.<g>

Dave