That is very interesting. I never thought of it that way. So other brands
put emphasis on a certain aspect of lens technique. Nikon on sharpness,
Leica as well? Something like that? Is there any source on the web for this
kind of info or is this typical user experience? It's impossible for a
simple (read little money owning) amateur to test these things. Have several
bodies with lenses from several manufacturers and go out testing: no way.

It pleases me to know this overal compromise by Pentax. I think it's how I
would like my lenses to be.

:-)

Paul Delcour

PS I know, I know, you haven't seen any pictures of me yet. In due course
I'll try and make a webpage with some representable ones and you can all
shoot holes in them as much as you like.