First of all let me say that I think it's a great idea to get more comments,
although my more cynical side points out that this isn't the first time this
topic has been raised.

> Each month you participate, try to comment on at least 5 photos.

That semmed to be about the right number in the past.  More than 5-8 and it
can become quite an effort someties to find enough images to comment on;
in general people won't make comments one way or another for images that
are in a completely different style from their own images.

>  If you use the following guide, we'll establish some sort of consistencyd
>in the comments:
>
> 1. The most interesting lighting.
> 2. The most interesting composition.
> 3. One that doesn't quite work for you.
> 4. Another 1, 2 or more photos that you like.

If we're going to single out lighting and composition, we need something
equivalent for the "photograph as record" school; something along the
lines of "most thought provoking" or "best capture of the moment".  And,
of course, there's always "best technique" for those unusual images.

(think of the wedding photograph discussed recently; the lighting was
definitely not of the best, and the composition wasn't exceptional.
But the choice of technique made this a wonderful record of the event)

I'm not sure it's possible to apply one set of guidelines to a whole
gallery of images - different photographers have very different styles
(and often very different intents :-)