1. What else can go wrong with MZ-5n after 5 years of moderate use? This camera never was CLA'ed, nor it was submitted to other procedures.

Dirty AF sensor maybe?

2. Is above a fair price?

Too expensive imo, and even for a perfectly fine MZ-5n.

Any other advise will be appreciated.

If the plastic pin that holds the built-in flash spring is broken, you can drill a hole and glue a metal pin there. I have not done this but a repair centre in Taiwan did that and said it's a common problem with Pentax.

P.S. I think my ME Super is not going to survive the repairs. The repairman has taken the shutter apart and found some part that needs to be replaced. He does not seem to be able to find the darn part. Most probably I will sell the poor guy for parts to the same repairman for whatever money he'd be willing to give me. <sigh>

You might just bid a broken ME Super from eBay and give it to the centre for the parts.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan