On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:12:49 -0700, Paul Ewins wrote:

>Thanks Paul,
>       I'm going into the Camera Exchange tomorrow to look at an *ist-D
>so I'll have a look at I-Store as well. By the time you factor in
>postage the difference in price isn't that great and I'll have someone
>to complain to if things go wrong.
>
>Leon, let me know how the x-drive works out in practice. I was thinking
>about getting a sub-laptop, but that looks a lot cheaper.

Paul,

It seems pretty good so far.  I'm taking it to work tomorrow as I have
some 1 gig video files I want to bring home, but I can't fit them to CD
to transport them.  It auto installs on Windows XP and 2000 and Mac os
X and with a disk (single size for easy of carrying with the unit) on
other operating systems.  The only thing that would be nice is the
ability to copy files back to the CF card for use in getting prints
made.  You can do this if you connect to a PC as the card slots mount
as removable drives, but not on the run.

I'm happy with it so far.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon