Fortunately their closefocusing ability is about the same.
/Paul

From: Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Paul Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re[2]: FA* 80-200mm f/2.8
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 10:17:26 -0700

One thing to always check into is close focusing before switching from
prime to zoom. It is quite commonfor the prime to focus closer than the zoom.
If one needs/wants close focusing then the prime might be the better choice.
Seems I recall someone mentioning in this thread the FA* 80-200/2.8 doesn't focus
very close.

---
Bruce

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com