There are 2 types of p+s I'd like. One is the small, pocketable,
take-it-anywhere type, the other is the larger "serious" type.

I'd take a Pentax for the former and a G5 for the latter *except* that
they just don't go wide enough. Digital p+s' in particular seem to
suffer from tele-itis.

Right now the p+s I'd like to get is that Pentax w/ the 24mm.

One more thing...with digital sensor sizes, it seems to me there's an
opportunity for a new class of p+s, a fixed lens camera with a
seriously fast lens. How about a p+s with a 28mm f/1.4? Maybe another
with a 85/1.4? I could do a whole wedding with those 2 cameras.
Marketed correctly they'd fill the niche occupied by the Contax T3,
Minolta TC-1 and Ricoh GR-1.

tv